Sunday, March 29, 2020

The Fifth Sunday in Lent.

Announcements
Prelude "Come Thou Font of Every Blessing" Manz
Sermon on John 11:1-45
Hymn "This is my Father's World"   Lyrics below
Blessing

Click HERE to listen


This Is My Father's World

1      This is my Father's world,
        and to my list'ning ears
        all nature sings, and round me rings
        the music of the spheres.
        This is my Father's world;
        I rest me in the thought
        of rocks and trees, of skies and seas;
        his hand the wonders wrought.

2      This is my Father's world;
        the birds their carols raise;
        the morning light, the lily white,
        declare their maker's praise.
        This is my Father's world;
        he shines in all that's fair.
        In the rustling grass I hear him pass;
        he speaks to me ev'rywhere.

3      This is my Father's world;
        oh, let me not forget
        that, though the wrong seems oft so strong,
        God is the ruler yet.
        This is my Father's world;
        why should my heart be sad?
        The Lord is king, let heaven ring;
        God reigns, let earth be glad!

Text: Maltbie D. Babcock, 1858-1901


From Sundays and Seasons.com. Copyright 2010 Augsburg Fortress. All rights reserved.
Reprinted by permission under Augsburg Fortress Liturgies Annual License #37847.

No comments:

Post a Comment